The Library Collection
Our library has approximately 100,000 items located on 3 floors in the following sections.
- Adult Books - approximately 69,000 fiction and non-fiction items.
- Books on CD and Tape - over 700 fiction and non-fiction titles available plus almost 200 on CD.
- Children's Room - provides material for our youngest members up to about 7th grade. This collection of over 32,000 items, includes books (30,000), paperbacks, reference materials, magazines and comic books, cassettes and books on tape, 1,000 total videos with approximately DVDs (230), CDs (254) , computer programs, games, puzzles and puppets (402) and much more.
- Historical Items - (available in-house by request) over 600 items including Town Reports, Tax Records, Births Marriages and Deaths, Genealogies, Yearbooks, local newspaper indexes, other historical materials. Our Canton Newspaper collection dates back to the 1800's.
- Large Print - over 1,000 fiction and non-fiction titles are easy on the eyes.
- Periodicals - approximately 140 periodicals ranging from business to popular to special interest magazines. Older and less popular and research subscriptions are kept on microfilm or microfiche.
- Reference - over 2,200 books, encyclopedias, business journals and newspapers, maps and atlases.
- Video & DVD - over 2,000 total with approximately (580) DVDs. Videos circulate for 2 weeks / DVDs for 1 week. Videos are restricted to four per family and DVDs to two per family.
- Young Adult - a collection containing fiction, non-fiction and reference materials, classic and popular paperbacks as well as several magazines of interest to teens.