Private Study Room
Private Study Options at the Canton Public Library
Rooms which can be used for private study are located on the second floor of the library and may be reserved for individual study, tutoring or for small group study (depending on the room). Reservations are made on a first come/first served basis either online or by telephone through the Reference Desk. (Call 781-821-5027) “Walk-ins” can be scheduled as availability allows.
Limited scheduling for private study is available in our Local History Room, Aldrich Meeting Room and Maker Space.
- The minimum age required to use the study room is 18. Positive identification is required. A license or set of keys must be left at the Reference desk to ensure that patrons do not accidentally leave the building with the private study room key.
- Reservations are for 2-hour blocks and may be extended if space is available.
- A reservation not claimed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time is subject to cancellation
- The room must be closed and locked whenever left vacant and the key must be immediately returned to the Reference Desk.
- The room must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Noise / discussion should be held to a reasonable level as none of the rooms are soundproof.
- No food or beverages, except water, is allowed in any study room. Because of the fragility of the items stored in the Local History Room, no water is allowed.
- Furniture may not be rearranged, nor chairs brought into or removed from the study room. Windows may not be obstructed.
- Private study time may not be used for or commercial purposes or any social functions.
- The library assumes no responsibility for items left in the room.