Reopening Plans and Curbside Pickup Policies
For Immediate Release
The Canton Public Library is excited to announce the phased reopening of our building beginning August 10th. We look forward to welcoming a limited number of library users to browse in our front lobby, which has been fully stocked with best sellers, and high interest displays for all ages that have been curated by our talented librarians. Computer use will also be available with advance registration through our website or by calling the library in advance.
Curbside pickup & open lobby hours: Mon, Wed: 3-7 pm; Tue, Thu, Sat: 10am to 2pm.
When planning your visit to the library please remember the following:
- Stay at home if you feel ill.
- Face coverings are required at the library and must completely cover your nose and mouth. Your face covering must remain on for the duration of your visit.
- Practice social distancing while in the library, or when waiting outside, by observing our new traffic patterns and floor markings.
- Follow the instructions of the library greeter regarding wait times to enter the building, using library supplied hand sanitizer before entering and providing contact tracing information.
- Please continue to return all materials to the outside book returns.
- Wait times for materials may be a bit longer than usual as we are following health and safety precautions for handling materials. You may also notice items that have been returned still reflected on your account for up to two weeks.
- Late fees are waived through the end of September, but we ask that you return your books on time so that others may have a chance to use them.
- We ask that library users still make use of our curbside service by phone or through the online catalog to place holds on all materials not available in the lobby.
For more information and to register online for your computer session please visit the library’s website at: https://library.canton.ma.us/
We are happy to announce that delivery of materials has resumed and you can now place holds on items owned by other OCLN libraries!
We have also streamlined our curbside checkout procedures for your convenience. Effective immediately, please follow the process below for curbside pickup of materials:
Log onto your account at:
Browse the catalog for the book you want and place a hold.
When your hold is ready for pick up you will receive an email from the library letting you know it is available.
Stop by the library’s outdoor pickup table during any of the following hours to pick up your hold:
Monday: 3:00 PM-7:00 PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Wednesday: 3:00 PM- 7:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Books will already be checked out to your account and there is no longer any need to make an appointment to schedule your pick up. Books will remain outside for one week.
If you would like assistance selecting a title, you can still call the library main number at 781-821-5027 or the children’s room at (339) 502-5709 for assistance.
The library also offers curbside printing services for those who need items printed out. Email your document to CPLQuickprint@gmail.com and we will contact you with a pick up time. Up to ten black and white pages will be printed at no charge.
Our Summer Reading Program will also be offering craft and activity packets during curbside pickup hours. Call the children’s library or check our Events Calendar for Summer Reading information!
Your librarians are excited to connect you with print books and materials.
Andrea J. Capone, MLS
Director of the Canton Public Library
786 Washington Street
Canton MA, 02021