Private Study Room
The Private Study Room is located on the second floor of the library and may be reserved for individual study or for groups of not more than three (3). Reservations are made on a first come/first served basis either in person or by telephone through the Reference Desk. (Call 781-821-5027) “Walk-ins” will be scheduled when availability allows.
- The minimum age required to use the study room is 18. Positive identification is required. A license or set of keys must be left at the Reference desk to ensure that patrons do not accidentally leave the building with the private study room key.
- Reservations are for 2-hour blocks and may be extended if available.
- A reservation not claimed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time is subject to cancellation
- The room must be closed and locked whenever left vacant and the key must be immediately returned to the Reference Desk.
- The room must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Noise / discussion should be held to a reasonable level as the room is not soundproof.
- No food or beverages, except water, is allowed in the study room.
- Furniture may not be rearranged, nor chairs brought into or removed from the study room. Windows may not be obstructed.
- The Private Study Room may not be used for social functions or commercial purposes.
- The library assumes no responsibility for items left in the room.